Pages

Friday, August 06, 2010

Hello my dear Pipa :)

Posted by Peien at 8:54 AM
I missed lesson for 2 weeks!! I'm kinda miss my teacher and pipa now. I got an awesome teacher and awesome pipa! :)

This is my current baobei:) it's beijing Qing shui pipa (it's always either Beijing or shanghai) with elephant tusk.



This is my second pipa. My first was just a normal spruce wood shanghai pipa. Its now with my cousin cause she's playing pipa too:)


As you can see, there's two types of wood here for the body.
The right side has darker color than the right side. It's because the first two string is of a higher pitch and it needs a lighter piece of wood to bring out the clarity of the sound and the 3rd and 4th string has a lower key and so a high density piece of wood is needed to bring out the solid echo.

The frets is made of elephant's tusk and the pegs is made up of Qing shui wood and elephant tusk.



The head is made of camel's bones. It's a sculpture of a dragon! I hope to find one with crane:)



And this is my favourite part of my pipa! This is Qing shui 木 and unlike some other pipa, the back is matte. Don't you love those annual rings?!


I'm getting one more rosewood pipa. I don't mind if it's 2nd hand for premium rosewood or normal rosewood. Sellers can email me at: im-peien@hotmail.com

Make sure the sound quality and body still in tip condition before offering it to me k! I'm very strict at this! :D other than that, I'm actually a very nice and easy going person:):):)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Casual Affair. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos