Pages

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Wave House @ Sentosa

Posted by Peien at 9:00 AM
Visited Wave House @ Sentosa with my darling girl!! It was a nice opportunity as we were at Sentosa and her company was having a private event at FlowRider, How cool!!! It's lucky for me to play for free as not everyone turned up for the event. Hee hee.

 

 Crazy FlowBarrel


 
 Laura's turn on body board. Seems easy, but its not.

 My turn.




The wave was huge and it's so hard to control. The energy on my hand got drained off so fast and i have to let go. 

 Smiley pic after our first attempt.


 
 Convincing Laura to try stand up flow board.

 My handsome instructor. I asked him "Will you hold on to me?" He replied "Of coz i will."
Like a sweet LOL!!






 Pushing my left hand to the other side so to help me balance.





 Trying very hard to balance.





 
 Letting go slowly...



 Finally on my own! Wheeee!

 And follow by a big fall afterwards. The impact was huge that that i swipe all the way to the back and hit the board. My shorts slipped below my butt.

 Laura's turn.













 "YAY! I can surf too!!"

 
 

 More pics to share. Total 4 attempt on stand up flow board.
 




 I can steer left and right.















 

 
 With the Aviva crew.

















 Captured a good shot of Laura floating mid air.






 
 Huge bump on my knee and it hurts!



We conqured the wave challenge! Happy us.

It was a fun fun virgin experience on this water sport. Has always wanted to try but chicken out at the very last minute. Since its free, so why not just go there have fun and fall as many times as i can. The falling part was really a b*tch. Be prepared to have bruises everywhere!

Comparing body on board to stand on board, body was much much easier as you can at least feel gravity. Stand on board feels like you are floating on the water and it's really really hard to balance. It's like dropping a feather from a substantial height, and you can see the feather sway left to right till it touches the ground. Exactly the same theory when you are standing and trying to balance on this fast-moving sheet of water.

Nevertheless, i had lots of fun and had made plans to go back again. Prices and operating hours can be found here: http://www.wavehousesentosa.com/flowrider







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Casual Affair. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos