Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Slimming Journey

Posted by Peien at 5:47 PM
This is a highly requested blog post by my dear friends.

I was once a very very skinny girl (i wear XS for bottom), and i started gaining weight when i was 19 years old onwards. My highest record was 57kg (i'm already wearing L for bottom), or maybe higher, i wouldn't dare to weigh.

 Me at my peak.

I always show this pic to my friends and let them see how fat i was back then (cause people beside me were so skinny!!). I didn't realize i was fat until one morning when i was peeing, i noticed my tummy was actually resting on my thigh!! I got a shock out of my life!!! And the worst part was, no one thinks that i'm fat until i really slimmed down, and they start telling me "Eh Peien, you last time really quite chubby eh".

Since CNY is coming, it'll be good if you can restrict your carbo and look good in your new clothes.

 
  cny 2008

cny 2009

 
 cny 2010

 cny 2011

 cny 2012

Okay i know my cny pics were not convincing enough. There's more.



I think my arms and face is quite obvious that i'm chubby. And my THUNDER thigh. It's amazing.

Back to the main topic, those who had seen me recently will know i look quite different from the past. Disclaimer, i did not go on diet nor undergo any slimming package. I'm not sure if this works for you, so don't accuse me for cheating your feeling if it did not works on you ya.

1) Prevent eating carbo after 8pm
This looks familiar to you? To me, it's a myth. I eat after 8pm almost e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y and i still look/weigh the same. And i take rice every night because my mum won't let me have dinner without rice. The secret to this is to keep CHEWING!!! Take your time to chew.......just keep chewing.

2) No water intake after 7pm
This is to prevent water retention. I will take a sip or two if i'm really thirsty. I will only take warm water as my mum told me warm water won't cause water retention???

3)DO NOT skip meal
This is very important. Skipping meal will lead you to have cravings (e.g. fries or chocolates etc) which is even more fattening! Have you meals regularly. I had cut down on fried stuff by a lot. My usual lunch would be yong tau foo, if not mixed veggie rice (ask for less rice!). I'll chose fish over other meat. Reduce steak/beef intake. Take bee hoon if you don't feel like having rice. Bee Hoon won't make you fat.

4) Exercise
Not meaning those aggressive workout. I've been walking home very often nowadays from MRT station. It's approx 3 bus stop distance and took me about 15 - 20min to reach home. I don't do lazy walk, i'll walk with a fast pace. Even if its jogging, i don't do lazy jog either (as in dragging your feet while you job), this will make you thigh bigger. I've been a long-distance athletic during secondary school days and i jogged almost e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y due to training. So if people say things like "Running will make your leg bigger", it's not true k. Don't do lazy run should be alright. I gonna share one special tip here. Don't try if you are not a regular runner because this is very tiring. Usually, i will wrap my tummy and thigh with plastic wrap and then head out for a jog. Normally i could jog for 30mins or more, but with this wrap, i can only hit 800m the most and already gasping for air. So if you do not have a good stamina, then don't try. Don't put your life to risk. Unwrap yourself when you feel that's the maximum you can go, rest awhile and continue jogging. Alternatively, you may adapt sprint training (highly recommended). You will sprint for 100m, then jog for 100m, and sprint for 100m vice versa. This seriously make you sweat 2x more from normal jogging. If you got the money to spare, go sign up for classes like HOT Yoga. This is the best i've tried so far. Remember to hit a minimum of 30mins for sports like jogging, if not you won't burn much either.

Swimming is good too, it helps to exercise the whole body instead of just focusing on one area. But i don't really like to swim, i'll force myself to swim in order to slim down. If you can't swim, why not have a good steam at any steam room/sauna? To be more effective, take a plastic wrap and wrap your troubled area and steam. Remember, do not wrap yourself for too long, 15-20mins is fine. After that, unwrap yourself, rinse yourself with cold water and go back to steam for another 15-20mins.

Stairs climbing was concluded to be the best weight loss method. It burns higher calorie comparing to jogging and other sports. However, can you survive running up and down 10 storey for 30mins? I can't.

Fix a day or two every month for sports activity. It can be your favourite sports (badminton, tennis, squash etc) or even trekking. Don't be lazy. Try rope skipping too.

5) Do not sit right after dinner
I always do that!! But do it the right way!! The seiza way of sitting is really the best i've tried so far. For the start, perhaps you'll need a cushion to reduce the pain. This can help to speed up your food digestion too. Don't believe me? Give it a try!!!

I've been sitting like this for so long that it had become a habit for me now. I'll automatically sit like this after any meal! But at times when i think i really ate too much, i'll go for digestive pills. I ONLY eat products from Fancl. So far so good, no side effects.

Calorie Limit pills

This calorie limit pills must be taken BEFORE meal. I don't take this for every meal, only at occasion when i know i will eat alot (e.g. buffet, family dinner, steamboat, etc..)

 
Fats burn pill

This is to be taken only AFTER meal. Do not take this with empty stomach cause it's made up of chillies. You'll spoil your gastric if you do so! So far this has been effective on me, helps to speed up digestion too. But still, take this only when you feel you over ate.

Digestive brown rice tea

This was the BEST out of the 3 product. Firstly it's because i really love the taste of brown rice, secondly it can helps with my digestion. I would mix this with half cup of hot water.

Another good digestion secret is to drink Yalkut Green tea. DO NOT buy yalkut green tea from any bubble tea stores please, the sugar level can kill. What i meant was, the Yalkut original with a tea spoon of green tea powder. The color may not look appealing, but trust me, it taste good. It will helps to detox too. But take it twice a week as Yalkut sugar level is high too.

DRINK MORE WATER. Just keep drinking as though it's free. Drinking will helps to detox too. But don't do excessive drinking after 7pm please.

6) No Snacks
To be honest, i hasn't been eating chocolates for sooooo long. It used to be one of my favourite, but because i've stopped eating for so long, i no longer craving for that anymore. Same goes to potato chips. I'm a big fan of Lays sour cream and onion. I always eat that with Subway, but of course with the large pack of Lays. But now instead of finishing the whole pack at one go, i split them. 1 pack of Lays can last me for a week or 2. Try cherry tomatoes next time instead!

7) Detox meal
Not everyone can accept this Detox meal that i'm having. It's basically just by having fruits and vegetables for that particular day. For mine its once a month, and it would be on a Sunday when my activity level is low. I would buy all the fruits that i like (e.g. Oranges, kiwi, pear, apples, guava, strawberry) and vegetables (e.g. portabello mushroom, chye sim, broccoli, baby carrot, xiao bai chai). For the start, you may wish to boil the vegetables with a teaspoon of salt to give them some taste, but when you are getting the hang of it, omit the salt. It taste yucky, but when you know it's good for slimming, somehow you will force yourself to swallow it. HAHA!

8) What what that looks good on you and not what you like
Some clothes that you like may not look as stunning as the clothes that looks good on you! Time to change style and keep looking for the perfect type of clothes that suits you. Don't have to be a trend follower, you'll create the trend that is right for you! If you got fat thigh and really love jeans, why not try jeans from GUESS?! Their jeans were amazing!

9) Some other tips
- Slim arms : do not wear cat sleeve top. Take water bottle on both hands while jogging. Carry weight.

- Slim thighs: rest your leg 90 degree against the wall. Do it every night. Apply Bio Essence slimming cream on your thigh and wrap it with plastic wrap. It will firm your thigh, not so much on slimming but it's good enough.

-Slim tummy: sleep while resting on your tummy. Sit straight. Don't eat so much if you know you gonna fit in a fitting dress the next day.



Most importantly is to be disciplined. If not no matter how many tips i share, you won't see the result either. Don't expect over night result, it took me years to become who I am today. I had shed off a total of 12kg within 2 years. I no longer wearing a L size bottom, i can fit in size 6 if you want me to. I wear XS for dress and S for top. I'm still thinking of ways to slim my thigh, it's the toughest part to target actually. I had lost 1 inch since last year July till now only. Zzz Please share if you have any good tips to slim the thigh!


Hope that my tips help. Good luck!

(p/s my tummy no longer resting on my thigh)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey u have dropped so much weight. Is your menses still as accurate as before?

Peien on May 7, 2013, 2:29:00 PM said...

It's abit irregular at the beginning, but it's back to normal now.

Anonymous said...

oohh...okay...anything u do to adjust back to normal?....im lost now...lost in weight and lost in what to do next =|

Peien on Jun 3, 2013, 4:18:00 PM said...

Hi Dear, i'm not sure exactly what I did, perhaps just changing of lifestyle (e.g. more exercise, control diet, etc). Just continue to lead a healthy lifestyle, and be happy. :D

Anonymous said...

Hi just wanna know where u buy all the fancl from?

Post a Comment

 

Casual Affair. Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos